No strings attached…


Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future! The wise words of Oscar Wilde apply to each of us at some point. Don’t be surprised if one of your classmates, a ‘flirt’, turns out to be a doting husband or father. A backbencher may surge ahead in the professional race and a vagabond may convert oneself into an extremely committed and sincere individual! Someone who appears a person of substance today might not be that way in the past. On the contrary, someone we may label as being ‘shallow and insincere’ could evolve into a mature human being.
If you stand out today, what you were yesterday doesn’t matter much. Exhibit the grit to leave baggage behind and a positive transition isn’t far away. The makeover is just a matter of time. And why talk about major transformations? Even small but smart moves we make will bring about a transformation. It has happened to me. Of course not the sinner-to-saint kind, it’s in terms of the thought process.
It all began with clearing the mind’s attic and diverting my mental energy to constructive things. A small act helped here in a big way. I do clear my mailbox from time to time and make sure only important conversations stay in my inbox. Once while surfing, I came across a chat with my sister. It ran into 554 lines! Needless to say there was little substance and there wasn’t anything great about what we discussed. How did we make it to so many lines? The answer is simple.

Nisha: hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
How r u??????????????????????????????
Me: helloooooooooooooooooo , ‘m fine. What’s up?????????????

Now, such nonsense could run into a million lines, what of 554! I hastily deleted the chat looking from the corner of my eye to ensure no one chanced to see it. I was ashamed, I must admit. Any sane person would be. Oh! This means I wasn’t sane when I scribbled the nonsense.
I realised how much valuable time I had whiled away in such chats. Today, I’ve so many things on hand and it’s race against time. Looking back, I lament about the time I spent in such worthless activities. It’s not just about the chat. It’s an indicator of the years I spent as a college girl and the mindset I carried.
It does hurt me on the backdrop of the transition that has taken place. I have taken time to de-clutter my mind and the process continues. Now I am available for my goals. Why lie? It was disgusting to see the content of those chats. I deleted them all and the inbox looked smarter. It now had space for meaningful conversations!
On a brighter note, I am a better person today. The transition has given me the courage to admit my mistakes. I can now move on positively with no strings attached…
I am sure a closer look at mailboxes and facebook walls will give many the same feeling.   Well, to err is human! If we can do it, we certainly can undo it. Leave the baggage behind and you will feel lighter. Don’t write any one off. After all, every saint has a past and every sinner has a future!
-KanChan

Comments

  1. Great analysis indeed. It's true that small things do make a lot of difefrence.
    I'll try it with myslef for sure. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Old Monk in New Bottle

Travel trail

Best among the best