Enriching enterprise

We often hear people saying they have changed with time. Moving on, most of us realise that time hasn’t really changed us but unfolded us more. It’s all within us. Transformation is about giving right expressions to what we have. It happens to everyone some time or the other. Extraordinary people don’t wait for time to change them. Instead, they realise their potentials and try to exploit them to fullest. No matter how intellectual one is, intellect doesn’t come to the fore unless it’s challenged.
Usually, our intellects remain unexploited and inner potentials hidden, as they are not challenged. Researches have shown that commonly, human beings apply only five per cent of their brains while 95 per cent remains unused! We are often unaware as to how much our brains are exploited since most of our energy is wasted in observing others’ brain applications! Our true potential isn’t revealed to us. How would it be when we are looking more at people’s things; their sense, nonsense et al? We have opinions on almost everything. And we are so busy looking what’s going on and where that we are left with little time for things that happen to us. We neither know what’s going wrong nor do we bother to see what’s right. 
And when I make this statement, I am not excluding myself from the list of ‘enterprising’ personalities who keep assessing others and seldom look within. For me, it begins early morning when I open newspapers. Right from the front page to the last, I have a comment for everything and everyone. I have an opinion on how politicians should have handled a particular issue, what action should police have taken in certain case and how should Saina or Federer have played some match! All this when none of the persons I am commenting on cares for what I feel. On my way to gym, I observe IT personnel going to work and school kids bubbling with enthusiasm. An envious me don’t miss the chance to say, ‘‘Hmm… The kids have to be chirpy. What worry do they have?’’ Comments continue and find way into the kitchen as well. I may or may not have cooked that day but I keep cooking stories about immaculate kitchen work! While driving to office, I keep cursing people for poor traffic sense and the civic body for pathetic roads. At workplace too, nothing changes. When I go to bed, I wonder how busy a day was and start analysing others’ actions more than my own.
I am busy assessing others. Much of whatever intellect I have is exploited this way. Where’s time to look within and assess self? I know all of us are sailing in the same boat. We may not be cynical and bitter but unknowingly, we are conditioned to think what’s wrong with others. We should know what’s wrong with us and more importantly, what’s right.
When I realised how much time I had wasted on others’ assessments instead of self-scrutiny, I decided to make amends. It’s a new me now. The process of unfolding has begun and it gives me confidence. There’s still a lot I need to know about myself. All I need to do is to look within and of course, stop wasting time on others.
Let’s keep asserting ourselves and leave no stone unturned to achieve what we want. We may not altogether stop wasting energy on others but yes, next time we do so we will look within and inch closer to ourselves.
KanChan






























                                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                                                


                                                                                              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Monk in New Bottle

Travel trail

Best among the best