An open book…



It was almost the gap of three years I saw my book on the stands at S-VYASA Yoga University in Bengaluru during my recent visit.  I saw an unknown person glancing through it…it was tough to believe I was an author of some book as the thought with which I had written it had taken a backseat owing to a number of reasons. It wasn’t just pregnancy and motherhood…like there was time I aggressively spoke about my book…there was time I didn’t talk about it at all because it was written at a particular time about things I felt appropriate at that stage.

But the book on stands 1500 kilometers away not only triggered the memories about the energy and time I invested in writing it but also made me aware of the responsibility it had on me about living it. Yes, there was a plan when I had written it. Talking about mental fitness and a perspective towards life, the book was meticulously planned. It had a larger goal of reaching out to as many people as possible and a part of it was achieved through workshops I conducted to places like Pune Aurangabad and Nagpur.

It all started and also paused at a particular time. But it wasn’t just a book, it was about my journey, my preparation to hone myself and train my mind.

I would speak to shopkeepers, colleges about it and S-VYASA was one of the places I had taken it along with me.

Years passed. Not many; just three…but I hadn’t spoken about it to anyone. I knew my duties and responsibilities on professional and domestic fronts were different. They had to be completed at that point. Others might have taken it as a passing stage but I knew it was for a reason…

Call it transformation or maturity or living up to what I had written in the book, I didn’t talk about the book for the past one year.  Of course there was not even an iota of pride when I had written it but still that little ‘me’ness in the book completely evaporated. The bundle of unopened copies was lying on the topmost rack of a cupboard…I had no idea if it was to be opened at the appropriate time…

I had just taken it as one of the factors that contributed to development, a means to carry the journey forward and not a destination. I moved on…

When I was asked more copies to be sent to VYASA, I knew I wasn’t going to refuse. There was just a smile, given a chance I would like to rewrite it all, in fresh language. I know I would feel the same four years down the line and I shall be happy if I do so.

Meanwhile, basics remain unchanged and this is what I had written. So just time to remind myself nothing stops from living it as much as possible, isn’t it? Theory and practice both change and evolve…

KanChan





                                          


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Monk in New Bottle

Travel trail

Best among the best